Thursday 2 January 2014

The Display Cabinet (of or pertaining to Doom)

I blame Greg for this one. Again. Greg, being a truly manly man, displays his miniatures proudly in display cabinets. This idea appealed to me, but I didn't have a display cabinet. Then I moved house and got an extra book shelf. Which meant I could unpack most of my VHS collection (yes! Real Men still watch VHS, the tape format of... err... well the tape format that won the format wars unfortunately...) from the Solicitor's Bookcase. Which in turn meant my multitudinous mutated men could live there! Huzzah!

Behold the might of the Display Cabinet (of or pertaining to Doom). Note the remaining part of the VHS collection on the bottom shelf. The bottom shelf is hard to see, and I don't really have space to shift these tapes to, so they may remain here. Note also the glorious WWS Wooden Spoon certificate at the back - haven't had a chance to hang it yet.

The Nurgley wing of the top shelf. Including such luminaries as the prototype Slug Knight (a mounted sorcerer) and the ancient Giant.

The Khorney wing of the top shelf. Including my loveable Chaos Dragon in his minute magnificence. 

The middle of the upper shelf. Mostly ogres, Lecturers at the Old School (my all-metal Chaos Knight unit, most of whom even have metal horses) and the terrible tongue of the toad tumbril.

The lower shelf, which features the Vulgar Goatmen, and some appalling camera flash (the light is not very good, and my camera is a bit old, so it needs a lot of light to take shots...) Either that or the Tuskgors are firing off a thundershock.

Clan Skitterclaw take up the middle of the shelf. It's amazing how much difference 5mm off each base makes when you're dealing with units this size. I didn't originally think I would be able to fit them in as well as all my Chaos.

Finally there's the Big Skaven Stuff and the Chaos Overlap. As you can see, space is very tight, so if I make any more units, I'll need to find somewhere else for either them or the remaining VHS collection.

So if you call yourself a man, be a member of the clan, the clan of the cabinet displaying man!
Just with better lighting, naturally.

4 comments :

  1. Excellent! It's always great to be able to display the stuff we spend so long painting, rather than leaving it to dwell in closed boxes, waiting their time in the sunshine. Not that direct sunshine is recommended, especially if you are made from Finecast...

    Oh, and I am happy to be blamed. I am without shame. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, I am both without shame AND without finecast!

      Delete
    2. I have also shifted the VHS collection from the bottom shelf to new pastures, and crammed in some 40K and my Fanticide and Saga armies. They will eventually be moved elsewhere to make room for yet more chaos.

      Delete
  2. The VHS tapes are only a distraction from the fine art of miniature painting and terrain manufacturing. Regards Chris

    ReplyDelete