Sunday 3 November 2013

Duelling Paintbrushes 3: Aftermath.


Well, here we are in November with DP3 over. So how'd the Vulgar Goatmen go?
Well, I got 1000 points done, and I got 1500 points done (yesterday - didn't get time to finish the bases during October...). Astute readers may notice the 1500 points has changed - Greg 'The Hoodling' Johnson worked out the Warhammer World Series lists, and that changed my target slightly.

So here it is:



  • Doombull
    • General; Frenzy; 2ndWeapon; Heavy Armour
    • Gnarled Hide
    • Ram Horn Helm
  • Bray Shaman
    • Lore of the Wild; Magic Level 2; Braystaff
  • Wargor
    • Heavy Armour; Shield; Battle Standard
    • Dragonhelm
    • Sword of Might
    • Dawn Stone
  • 23 Gor Herd
    • Shield; Standard; Musician; Foe-Render (I've mixed the Gor units up in the photos...)
  • 20 Gor Herd
    • 2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician; Foe-Render (yeah... I put out 23 of these guys, not 20...)
  • 6 Minotaurs
    • 2ndWeapon; Light Armour; Standard; Musician
  • Tuskgor Chariot
  • Tuskgor Chariot


    The Tuskgor chariots are the latest addition. I got two plastic Orc chariots and a metal beastmen version for my Birthday. The the infamous Lot arrived from eBay with two more Tuskgor chariots and two warrior chariots.



    Here we see the beginings of two more conversions. The mass of stuff on the left is a Reaper hill giant chief, who is recieving a minotaur head and extra arms to become a Ghorgon. The other is an ogre mage who is becoming a Minotaur BSB.


    I was at Eureka on Friday getting paint, and these guys struck my eye. They are pre-release versions of a new range based on the novels of Michael Morcock. There are eight sculpts available at present, and I plan to use them as Ungor.


    Here's a size comparison.

    I have other plans, including Eureka Aurochs figures becoming Razorgor and some rather odd harpies. Plus a unit of Bestigor I've started to paint.

No comments :

Post a Comment