Monday 10 October 2011

Duelling Paintbrushes: Day One





Day one. Despite my opponent's cheating (he failed calendar reading 101 and started yesterday) I remain confident. Mostly because all he managed to do in that day was undercoat and base his stuff. In my first day I have completed the first batch of Khornrauders, apart from basing which I always do at the end. So, seven down, twenty-five to go. Also I have started to convert up a Khorne lord on Juggernaut, using the Avatars Of War Netherhound (a sort of Chaos Cerberus). He'll do double duty as Arbaal the Undefeated, who is not very impressive, but will add colour to the mighty Gates of Kislev battle.

Here's the first batch of Khornrauders:
In keeping with the Nurgle part of my Chaos army, I'm using somewhat more 'muted' colours than the usual Chaos schemes. I'm also using an odd skin tone since these guys are half-beastman due to their fanatical worship of their blood-thirsty god.

And here's the Jugger Lord. There'll need to be a bit more work on him, especially the shield, and the saddle.

In the next thrilling instalment of Duelling Paintbrushes, I intend to provide a full Painting For Hippos write up of the Khornrauder technique. It's not quite as much fun as painting Nurgle, but it's fairly quick.

1 comment :